MiniMath Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MiniMath Forums

Online Discussion forum for Cartoon Network's MiniMath game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I was never too good at calculations ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gbsc226

I was never too good at calculations ? Empty
PostSubject: I was never too good at calculations ?   I was never too good at calculations ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:12 am

I attempted these problems in the very end, but I have seen some of my friends who bank heavily on these problems and it pays off well. I often tried to round off three-digit numbers to the nearest five or ten and two-digit numbers to nearest multiple of two or four in order to simplify my calculations.

================================================
Teeth Bleaching Glasgow|Invisalign Glasgow
Back to top Go down
gbsc226

PostSubject: Re: I was never too good at calculations ?   I was never too good at calculations ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:47 am

I finished Comp Eng just a few months ago, so I know the frustration at finding a good calculator that's non programmable. My recommendation for a non-programmable calculator is the Texas Instruments TI-30x series of calculators if the prof is really strict, as it tends to be the default model universities pick.

If they're less strict, try the Casio fx-991MS (and similar) model. This doesn't really have programmability (unless you're saving a couple of constant values), but does allow integration and matrix functions (depending on the model. A little lower grade is the Sharp line of scientific calculators (can't remember the model number).

If you are allowed a programmable calculator, try the TI-90x series of calculators (though these may run you about 75-100 bucks if memory serves me correct).

==============================
Business Software | Online Business
Back to top Go down
chinnu

PostSubject: Re: I was never too good at calculations ?   I was never too good at calculations ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:28 am

If they're less strict, try the Casio fx-991MS (and similar) model. This doesn't really have programmability (unless you're saving a couple of constant values), but does allow integration and matrix functions (depending on the model. A little lower grade is the Sharp line of scientific calculators (can't remember the model number).

========================================

Accident Cover|
Life Cover
Back to top Go down
jilljill

PostSubject: Re: I was never too good at calculations ?   I was never too good at calculations ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:32 pm

I recommend CS because they are partnered with MANY employers, self-paced (you can finish in a few months or take as long as over a year or two), and more affordable than many courses. Plus, I have personal experience (and success) with the program. Attending your local community college will give you a good chance at a job in-house, but if you are wanting to work from home, an online 'approved' course is the way to go. Choosing the right school is so important! They do offer financial aid and payment plans.
============================
Review PSD to HTML | Directory Submission Service
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was never too good at calculations ?   I was never too good at calculations ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was never too good at calculations ?
Page 1 of 1