MiniMath Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MiniMath Forums

Online Discussion forum for Cartoon Network's MiniMath game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice on proofreading for law firms?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
martin2020

Advice on proofreading for law firms?  Empty
PostSubject: Advice on proofreading for law firms?    Advice on proofreading for law firms?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:50 am

I have been working as a proofreader for some time for a number of different businesses and charities, but would really love to get in to working for a law firm as a proofreader, either freelance or in-house. I just wondered whether this is possible without actually having worked within this industry before? Basically, I would like to learn about the industry first (I am particularly interested in criminal law) as I expect (as with anything) you need to have at least some knowledge first. As such, I wondered whether getting a few books and then offer my services on a voluntary basis for a while would be a good way of going about it? Ideally, I would have undertaken a course but my finances don’t stretch that far at the moment – having looked in to it I have found them rather expensive; also, I have already graduated with a degree in another subject so university is not an option!
Anyway, I would really appreciate some honest advice on whether this is worth pursuing and if I am going about it the right way?!

Advice on proofreading for law firms?
Page 1 of 1